Monday, March 17, 2008

I forgot how much I love Spill Canvas

Saturday, I got to see them play at Irving, stirring up old memories in my head. It was nice, though, to just listen to some live music. I feel like it's been a while since I've been able to do that without being attached. I enjoyed it.

Angela and I decided it was "couples" night. Everywhere we looked were lovebirds hand-in-hand of a somewhat, very NYU-type crowd.

Yellowcard was headlining, so they came on last with an acoustic set to close the show. My favorite part was seeing a father lift his 10-year old daughter in his arms to see above the crowd. She was tapping her feet and singing along with Ryan's lyrics. She was so happy and excited; it was adorable.

After the show, Ang & I treated ourselves to a treat from Max Brenner (a brilliant Chocolatier <--- I made that word up...I think). Seriously though, if you've never been...you should defintely at least one point in your life. It is pure heaven. We skipped the chocolate waffles, chocolates pizzas, and more for a simple yummy cup of hot chocolate (basically fluffy warm chocolate that melts in your mouth). I went for the milk chocolate, coconut flavored brew made with soy.....mmmmmm. We loved it so much, we went again the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment