Wednesday, December 3, 2008

For the record...

America still loves our Britney Spears.

I was watching the documentary on Miss Spears the other night, and I have to fully admit tears ran down my cheeks multiple times. I don’t even want to go into detail on how it made me feel because I know people will argue with me (”she chose this lifestyle” and whatnot…blah, blah, blah). Well Britney is one of the sore subjects I have a hard time not getting overly defensive about. She was the biggest influence in my dance career and my ultimate pop icon. I wanted to be her in every way possible. Anybody that knew me during the height of her career knew this…it was not a secret (kinda like I’ve kept it today).

Anyways, I never thought she could do any wrong. As I saw her start to fall, so did my hope for her career’s future and it’s longevity. It wasn’t easy to admit, cause I truly do try to search for the best in everyone, but it was hard to support her with her chaotic lifestyle and repetitively morose choices. It literally disheartened me so much, I couldn’t even bare to watch or pay attention anymore.

However, now, I still think it’s too early for her “comeback,” but I am fully welcoming this public recovery (meaning her return to the spotlight). I want her to get better so bad…even if it’s just to live as the infamous Britney Spears…even if she never puts out another record again. It just saddens me to no end what the fame has done to her. Not even regular popular celebs get bothered and torn apart half as much as Britney…even when she’s out of the limelight.


I was so impressed by this documentary and her honesty.

PS, Happy 27th Brit Brit! I still have love for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment