Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2006

So I just got word...

The one-hour 2006 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, which will be broadcast on the CBS Television Network in December 2006, began as an Internet event in 1996 and, due to its overwhelming success, was picked-up for broadcast rights by CBS in 2001.

This year, the show moves from New York to the Kodak Theater in Los Angeles for the first time, and features top models Gisele Bundchen, Adriana Lima, Izabel Goulart, Karolina Kurkova, Alessandra Ambrosio, and Selita Ebanks, as well as some very special guests, informs an official release.

This year's fashion spectacular will feature dazzling runway segments, musical performances, red carpet interviews, model profiles and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the world's most celebrated fashion show, adds the release.

For those that know me...know how big of a deal this is for me. Working for the company for more than 4 years and having spent approximately $8,000 (all discounted, too...and yes, they keep track on our files of how much we spend) over that period of time shows just how much I love anything and everything VS. Lord, I didn't even know I made that much money while working for them...lol. Anyways, but yea...basically I love Victoria's Secret.

I'm a little sad to find out they moved the location from NY to LA. Last year, my friend Joanna was in the show...dancing of course (although, she's 5'11 and has the body of a VS model). She was one of the "toy soliders"...it was a very cute excerpt they did. I wonder if any of my friends in LA will get casted. I don't think any of them are that tall though.

Kinda excited to see who they chose to walk the runway though...Here would be my "dream angels team:"

The Veterans aka Angels
Adriana Lima
Alessandra Ambrosio
Gisele Bunchen
Izabel Goulart
Karolina Kurkova
Naomi Cambell

The Returners
Ana-Beatriz Barros
Bianca Balti
Carmen Kass
Caroline Trentini
Caroline Winberg
Doutzen Kroes
Eugenia Volodina
Jacquetta Wheeler
Julia Stegnor
Liya Kebede
Morgane Dubled
Natasha Poly
Oluchi Onweagaba
Omahyra Mota
Polina Kouklina
Ujjwala Raut

The Newcomers
Ai Tominaga
Anja Rubik
Cintia Dicker
Daria Werbowy
Dewi Driegen
Du Juan
Freja Beha
Hana Soukapova
Heather Marks
Jessica Stam
Katja
Mariacarla Boscono
Miranda Kerr
Noemi Lenoir
Sessilee Lopez
Tasha Tilberg
Tuii Kuik
Valentina Zeliaeva

Not sure if I got Veterans and Newcomers all right, but I think that's what they are.
Uh I can't wait!

To all my VS originals...party at my place this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment