Wednesday, July 1, 2009

New specs!

I got them two days ago at Fabulous Fanny’s on 9th St. between 1st and 2nd Ave. Do you dig?

I swear, I thought I could only dream of finding a place like this. They have thousands of frames to choose from, and in ANY style you could possibly want. You want the 80’s? They got it. You want 1930’s spectacles? No problem. You want the cateye, blue butterfly frames from the 1960’s. Piece of cake. Trust me, you can’t even imagine half the stock that they have. The website is not even 1/16th of the store…you gotta go in and see it for yourself. I probably spent at least 2 hrs going through all the awesomeness. I had the hardest time deciding. I had to remain strong (meaning practical), though.

If you’re not into vintage, it’s okay. They have contemporary models, too. The frames I bought are actually made from a current brand named Kala based in California. I’ve just been so bored by the ordinary “Lenscrafter” scene. Everytime I walk into one of those places, I either get completely ignored, or they hand me stuff to try on that is no where’s near what I asked for. I seriously had no idea where else to look, and then I magically stumpled upon this lovely shop. I’m so happy (and they were so nice).

It’s not your average optical joint, but it is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I highly recommend to anyone looking for glasses…whether it be for reading or for the sunny days.

No comments:

Post a Comment