Saturday, April 4, 2009

4/3/09

Today started with a day at the dentist. This is the first thing I saw:

He was cute.

Then I took a little trip on my own to do some vintage shopping. I tried on about 12 dresses, but could only bring myself to buying one cause the others just didn’t really do anything for me…and if I did buy them, it would have been “just because” and not because I felt a special connection with them. BUT, I did find exactly the hat I’ve been looking for…except in the wrong color. However, I still love it, and I actually may love it more, now, just because of that. Besides my new hat, my favorite purchase was this vintage t-shirt. It’s so rad, and I want to describe it here, but sadly, I’ve decided it’s too awesome for me keep and I’m going to gift it to a friend. It’s really meant for her to wear and not for me. Boooo for me…yay for her!

After my little excursion, I felt like I was in need of a little movie time. It was raining, and I was in the mood to watch Factory Girl (a film about Edie Sedgwick).

Seriously, I’m so intrigued by her that I feel the need to know more. Angela suggested I read Edie: American Girl, and I think I just may (after I finish the 3 books I’m still reading). I love how she lived life. I know she was all messed up with drugs and stuff, but there was something originally there (without the drugs) that made her so appealing to me. She was extremely vulnerable and naive, but her love was so carefree. Part of that makes me so jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment