Sunday, January 7, 2007

My Start Into The New Year....and NYE Pics!

I just put up New Year's Eve pictures....The girls and I went to Bowery Bar (or B-Bar...whichever you prefer).

I can't lie...New Year's is not my most favorite holiday (probably my 2nd to least after St. Patrick's Day). I hate holidays that are just an excuse to get wasted off your face. People tend to get so overly obnoxious and just end up falling all over you, getting in fights, or puking everywhere. It's just gross display of human behavior. No offense to those that love these holidays...it's just not for me. None of my friends usually turn up to be these overly obnoxious people, so I still have a good time, but I'm just saying...you definitely run into these types at some point in the night and I'm sure you know what I mean. Although I did not drink this year...I usually do participate in a drink or two out of celebration for a New Year...so I don't want to sound like a complete hypocrite.

Like I was discussing with Erica last night...things got off to a bumpy start, but I have good faith in this being a great year for us. I don't want to get into it now, though, cause this will not be my "2006 Review/Goals for 2007" post. But I will state that I've made a group of new friends that I have come to love dearly and have so much fun with. I am completely looking forward to spending 2007 with them....and I really hope to get back in touch with the friends I've become distant with.

As for a quick run-down of what New Year's Eve was like...it basically started off with a 40-year old man (from some random country who didn't speak English very well) sticking a camera in my face like I was definitely some sort of celebrity. I was by myself and waiting for Kelly to come outside with my ticket and I noticed this man snapping away pictures of me. There was a line that was totally around the corner and hundreds of girls everywhere, so why the hell was this man obsessed with me? Personally, I think it was the red lipstick...but still, I was a lil weirded out. He kept telling me to smile and look at the camera, so then I asked him why he was taking pictures of me. He said he was working for the party inside, but for some reason, I did not believe him. He proceeded to conversate with me...and I had really no option but to talk back because I was just standing there alone and waiting. I had no where to go. He asked if I was from Brazil (again, I think it was the red lipstick), but he really was such an odd man. Of course he was a photographer, but so is everyone else in NYC. He gave me his card and told me he'd like to photograph me....and at this point, I was getting really creeped out, but I was going along with it because sometimes its just easier to amuse them. As tempting as free photos sound (I really need them for auditioning purposes), there's no way in hell I was going to trust this creepo. His friend came up to us a little while into conversation (whom looked a lot less creepy and quite a bit younger) and then asked if I had a website. Of course, I said "no." So then he proceeds to say, "Well, we will change that." And then, I just started getting even more and more creeped out and thank God, by that point, Kelly had come outside to hand me my ticket. As I handed over my coat to coat check, I couldn't get inside the bar any sooner. I tried my hardest not to run into creepo inside and I definitely didn't so that was quite an accomplishment. As for other "moments" in the night....Christy had an entire cup-full of ice thrown at her by the bartender (yes, the bartender) for no apparent reason at all, but exclaimed that that was a "free drink" for her...yet when she said "Long Island Ice Tea, please"...he then said, "That'll be $15"...can you say DICK! However, he did let her throw ice at him and she did deck him in the forehead a few times, and she wasn't lofting them ice cubes either. Yay, Christy! lol. Anyways, the rest of the night was pretty much your typical. We made a phone call to Patrick Sandora, Kelly's friend, in which we all have crushes on...Christy even more so, ever since he started calling her "Snuggs" as in snuggles. It is a sad fact that he doesn't prefer women. But we decided to end the night around 2am...and as I'm waiting for a cab while chatting it up with the bouncer who asks me if I've ever dated a black man (and to his suprise, when I said yes...his only reply was "Well, you probably haven't had lovin' like mine"...meaning from a big big man like himself), I see someone I know walk by on the street. At first, I was a little hesitant to say anything, because 1) my eyes aren't as good as they used to be and 2) the chances it would be who I thought was were slim, seeing as she's from Nashville, Tennnessee. And sure enough it was! I called out, "Annie Marie" about 3 times before she even looked in my direction, and when she did, she gave me the oddest glare like "how do you know my name?" And it took me a few seconds to realize that I had totally cut and dyed my hair since I last saw her...so I was just like..."Ohmygosh, I'm sorry...I cut my hair...Jeremy's ex-girlfriend" (to semi-reintroduce myself). She was Paramore's Tour Manager when I went out on warped tour with them back in July, and immediately she was like "OHMYGOD...your hair!!! I LOVE IT!!!" She was so exuberant, it almost scared me and I was taken aback at first. Talk about small world! I mean, what are the chances? It was so nice to see her though cause we got along well while I was on the bus with them for a week, and we had never found a way to keep in touch. We chatted it up for a while and then asked me to come back to the bar she was at with her. We talked some more...amused a few guys who thought we were interested in what they had to say, found ways to make them do embarassing things, and then completely walked away after we were done with them. I met her friends and we took a bunch of pictures...obvs.


She was totally making me laugh the whole night. Then, sadly, it was getting late and they had to fly back to TN the next day, so we said goodbye and exchanged myspaces. And as we parted ways, I feared I was never gonna find a taxi because...well....NYE in NYC means "impossible to get a cab." Even lit up taxi's do not stop (and I learned this last year as I basically got frost bite from waiting for more than an hour in the street in "below 0" weather). Sooo, as most know...it was raining in NYC...but thank God my coat had a hood. For some reason, NYE is the night of making friends, and I made a friend along my lonesome walk to find a train (any train). I honestly had no clue where I was or where the closest train was, so this guy from NYU was my buddy and key in my quest to get home at 4:30 in the morning. Then, as I found the N,R,Q, W (score!)...we parted ways, and I made another friend on the train who was from New Jersey. I never knew I talked to strangers so much...my parents would not be proud. However, like I said...NYE is the night of making friends. It is the night where more people than ever are roaming the streets of NY at the oddest hours (and usually in good spirit with everyone being friends with everyone). Last year was my favorite for this (literally galloping along the streets and hugging people we've never met before). So yea, New Years is definitely one of the most interesting nights of the year.

Overall, my night was fun and I had a good time. It really is such a small world, and I love the randomness of it all. So yea, that was my start into the New Year.

Hope everyone had a safe and fun night.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment