Monday, December 14, 2009

Wishlist Take 8: LUSHious



I know I used the word "obsessed" quite frequently, but I am completely obsessed with the Lush product line. I'm literally addicted. Have you ever tried it?

Well, it all started a couple years ago for me when I was taking a shower at a friends place, and I had forgotten my moisturizer. My friend had recommended I use hers. I'll be honest, I don't remember which product it was that I used, but I remember it being from Lush. It wasn't this amazing wonder cream that made my skin look like a supermodel's, but it definitely perked my interest. I ventured into one of their shops not too many months later, but was turned away by their prices and the fact that it just seemed like a waste of money (kinda how I feel about Bath & Body works). Honestly, do we really all need that fancy stuff to waste our money on? Just give me something to get me clean, smells relatively good, and doesn't make my skin freak out. Thanks.

Okay, so fast forward to about a year later, I pop into another Lush store (the one at Union Square) to kill some time before meeting up with a friend for lunch. Before I go any further, I have to say they have amazing salespeople! I wasn't looking to buy at all. I just wanted to look, but the lady was looking for someone to have fun with. She brought me over to the sink and had all these different kind of soaps, creams, etc. to try. I forget what she started with, but I ended up leaving with Buffy.

Buffy Body Butter

Buffy is an exfoliating bar. It has ground up rice, almonds, and aduki beans that exfoliate your skin like no other. I guess you can say it's a bit abrasive, but sometimes you just need a good scrub. Then it has cocoa and shea butter in it, too, and that makes your skin feel soooooo soft. You don't even need a lotion after you get out of the shower. I also can't even describe the scent, but it's somewhat herbal. Some people may not like it, but I personally love it.

And that was it, after I bought Buffy, it was all downhill from there. Now, I have only gotten to try Shave The Planet (a thick shaving cream) and Lemony Flutter, but everytime I venture into a Lush shop, I have to fight the urge to buy something (it's not cheap, and not really in my budget). However, I have been noticing, their products do go pretty far. You really only need a small amount of whatever it is, and it goes such a long way. So now, I'm realizing it's pretty much worth the money because not only does it last a while, but it really does such an amazing job. Plus, everything is organic, and it just makes you feel so fresh, healthy, and happy.



As a little product review, I'll explain my experience with the few items I've got to play with. Shave The Planet comes in a small 3.5 oz. pot for about approximately $15. While I liked using it, I don't believe I'll make the investment in it again, and I'll tell you why. The cream is so thick that not only is it hard to spread evenly, it gets stuck in your razor. Seriously, anytime I shave with it, I have to throw away my razor right after it. It just isn't practical for me. I love the way it makes my legs feel, but I'd rather just use one of their amazing moisturizing soaps after I shave instead. Then, there's Lemony Flutter. It smells soooo lemony delicious it's ridiculous. It comes in a really small 1.5 oz pot, but let me tell you, I've used it 3 times already and I've only used the small section thats left on the cap when I opened it. It's basically a butter that you put on places like your elbows, heels, and even cuticles. The last time I tried using it on my feet before bed to soften my heels. I put cotton socks on to help lock in the moisture, and the next morning my feet felt so nice and soft...and still smelled super lemony (hence my tweet about my feet smelling like lemons)! It was awesome. I had to go back. The other day, I walked in again actually looking to buy a gift for someone who would appreciate their bath bombs. I've always been so intrigued to try them, but unfortunately I can't (long story, but I can't take baths). Anyways, I bought her the Honey Bee Bath Bomb and the Cinders Bath Bomb (part of the Christmas line they have). Both smelt so good. I can't wait to hear how she likes them. The Cinders one is supposed to fizz up and smell somewhat cinnamony and remind the bath taker of a glowing fireplace...not just because of it's fire-y color, but it actually contains pop rocks in which crackle like an actual fire. Gah, I'm jealous my friend gets to try this.

Cinders Bath Bomb

Ok, well while I was there, I wasn't really looking for myself, but one of the girls (I was at a different store from Union Square, but honestly, all their employee are amazing...so friendly, and so great) let me take home a sample of Herbalism, their cleanser. I will be the first to say, I do not have great skin. I've always had problems. I will not let anything touch my face unless my dermatologist approves (I've been seeing one since I was 10), but I not gonna lie, I was dying to try it. So, tonight, I did. Of course, I have no idea what the long term results will be as of right now, but I will say that my skin feels so soft and actually really good after using it. I never feel anything after using my basic cleanser, besides clean, I guess. I probably didn't even need to use a moisturizer afterwards, but I did. I used the smallest dab, and I don't feel oily, or dry...it feels just right. I'll let you know if anything awful happens when I wake up. I'm kinda keeping my fingers crossed cause I think this could be a cool product to use.

Herbalism Cleanser

That's basically the small extent of my Lush use, but from this point on, I am a believer! I love the way it makes me feel (I really love organic stuff and the fact that there is no testing on animals), and the smells are to die for. I'm not kidding, I don't think any body products can match the scents they have in their lines. Everything smells so good (a little secret, I kept the bags I bought the bath bombs in for my friend, just because they smelled so good). I seriously cannot stop smelling their products. I highly recommend Lush to any and everyone.

Here are some products I'd like to try that are on my wish list:
Honey I Washed the Kids Soap
Therapy Massage Bar
Porridge Soap
Snowcake Soap
Flying Fox Shower Gel
Snow Fairy Shower Gel
Fairy Tale Sugar Scrub
Double Fast Luck Emotibomb
Banana Moon Soap
Cocktail Soap
and
Seanik Solid Shampoo

No comments:

Post a Comment