Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Misguided notions

I love covers...mainly from bands/artists covering other bands/artists, but every now and then, you hear one from someone you've never met or heard of. At first, you can become defensive (you don't want them ruining your favorite song, do you?). But then you listen, and you realize they're not half bad. Listen a little longer and you find yourself actually enjoying it. Now, before you know it, you wonder if it's possible that like your favorite song even more now. Of course, nothing compares to the original, but hearing it in a new way gives you another sense of appreciation for it. I know it does for me.


(PS...I can't say Misguided Ghosts is my favorite song off of Paramore's Brand New Eyes album, but I do love it very very much)

No comments:

Post a Comment