Thursday, January 14, 2010

Whole Food Heaven

I swear, I'm never shopping in a Stop & Stop, Gristedes, or a Price Chopper again! Whole Foods in my jam! Not only can I always find what I need there, the experience is so much more pleasant (except if you're waiting in line at the Union Square location). Seriously, the dude that helped me out today said that if I don't like the product that I ate, I can always bring back any of the remnants or carton it came in and get a refund? Really??? Now, I wouldn't ever actually do that because if I'm buying something I'm committing myself to the trial and error process, but hey...it's a nice thought that they offer that option. Oh, and everyone that works there seems so happy. It really makes a trip to the market not such an awful task...unlike those that work at your local grocery store, where all they do is seem to hate life.

Anyway, here is my vegan dinner attempt #2. Black Bean and Tomato Quinoa.


Not gonna lie, it was actually really good. For those that see the word, Quinoa (pronounced KEEN-WAH), and freak...if you don't know what it is, just think of it as a replacement for your grains or pastas. Now, you may be wondering why I'd need a replacement for either of those, well I guess I don't, but the nutritional value is awesome. It is considered one of the best sources of protein in the vegetable kingdom, and if I'm not getting my proteins from either meat or dairy anymore, I need to get it from somewhere. And, if your wondering what it tastes like, to me, it reminds me of couscous. For the recipe of this dish, go to MeatOutMondays. I promise, it's not that hard. Let me know if you try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment