Sunday, January 24, 2010

This Is Where I Leave You

I gave This Is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper 5 stars, but it's not to say it's because I "loved" the story. It was definitely interesting and entertaining, but more or less disturbing. The messed up life of Judd Foxman made me a bit sad, but even more scared than anything. I understand that his world is a reality for many, and that is what scares the friggin' bejeebers outta me. I. DO NOT WANT. To end up. Like Judd Foxman. I felt such sympathy for him in this novel when his life crumbles beneath him (it can happen to anyone) even though he's not exactly benevolent. His life, so twisted...his family, so perverse. It makes you wonder what you can do to prevent such things. What's the perfect recipe to not fuck life up? And why does it have to be so damn interesting?

Whatever, it got me hooked, and I couldn't put this book down. It's probably the fastest book I've ever read. I am definitely seeking out more from Jonathan Tropper in the near future...because corrupt is the new illustrious.

No comments:

Post a Comment