Saturday, May 30, 2009

Passion Pit

Apologies everywhere…I’ve been slogging! Yeah, slacking + blogging = a slog. Can you ever forgive me?

I couldn’t let this one go by, though. I am FULLY addicted. Yesterday, I bought the Passion Pit album titled “Manners.” My dear friends, if you buy one CD this summer, let it be this one. Seriously, you won’t regret.

My curbie, Dagger, has been talking to me and my girls about this band for quite some time now. It took me a week or two to actually go check them out, but geez louise, I have no idea why it took me so long! I am already slating “The Reeling” as my summer jam (I actually had a dream last night and this was like the theme song for it…I literally heard it playing all throughout my dream). EPIC-ness.

Passion Pit - The Reeling

I have lots of favorite tracks off the CD, but I have to say “Sleepyhead” is my number 1. This is the song that got me hooked. It makes me wish I was back dancing. Rhapsody would do some dope shiii to this stuff. Somebody get me back on the dance floor!

If you like MGMT, I think you’ll probably end up liking this band. I’ll even categorize it with the likes of Peter, Bjorn, and John…but that’s just in my opinion. I’m not exactly a rep for Sony Music & Management.

Go check it out…don’t make me say, “I told you so!”

No comments:

Post a Comment