Sunday, February 1, 2009

Forgranted

This week I’ve had many-a-things that have made me sad, but quite a few things that have made me very happy. No matter how many times someone passes away, gets very sick, or their lives get put in danger…it is always an eye-opener of how precious our time on earth is and how special the people we surround ourselves with are.

An old friend of mine from high school recently passed a couple days ago. While it has been years since I’ve heard or spoken with him, it saddens me to think that he only got to live to be 28. 28! After all the rides he’d given me to and from school, I never would imagined at the time he’d live such a short time here with us. Growing up, I’ve had many/several classmates and close friends pass away. Each story even more tragic than the last…it never seemed to end, deeming our town “cursed.” It started for me when I was 13, and a classmate of mine committed suicide in the back yard of one of my best friends. From then on, there was at least one death a year that stunned the whole town. We all wondered with worried eyes, “who’s next?” The question was not nearly fear for ourselves, but for the ones we love. Our hearts were hurting tragedy upon tragedy, and we wanted nothing more for it to end. I guess being a part of life, it never will.

Happily, everyday I find myself even more and more appreciative for the amazing friends and family I have. I hope you don’t get sick of me saying that, but I really don’t think I could ever say it enough. I love each and everyone of them with all of my heart…and that goes to everyone, no matter what the amount of time I spend with each.

I am trying not to take life so forgranted.

No comments:

Post a Comment