Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Don't take it personal

Cue the music…Monica via 1996.

I’ve been taking a break on the blogging front for no particular reason at all…just been busy, lazy,…anti-interweb-social (no offense), but let’s see if I can sum everything up in a small post of what I’ve been up to/into.

Reading. Yup, I’m into it. It’s hard to explain how it makes me feel, but I dig it. Unlike tv and movies, it’s a special feeling…almost kinda like the feeling I get listening to music, but different (if that makes any sense at all). Anyways, I took a break from reading my owl story on Wesley and got a few new books…one of which I started last week, Cranberry Queen. So far, I like it, but when I get further along, I’ll let you know how it goes.

Also, I picked up some new movies and cds from Virgin the other day. I can’t resist their $10 deals. I picked up the movies Dance With Me (a fav of mine), The Craft (bringing back the 90s), Blue Lagoon (Brooke Shields was gorgeous), and Lars and the Real Girl (never seen it, but have been recommended many times to do so). Then, as for CDs…I finally picked up Kings of Leon so I don’t have to listen to the few songs I downloaded and can now listen to the full album. Also, another choice “finally” I bought was She & Him. Parker has been raving about it for like a year now, and I’m newly obsessed with Zooey Deschanel, so it only seemed right. Lastly, I picked up Mate of State. I love their sound, and I really think I’m gonna be listening to their latest album non-stop. Love, love, love new media.

As for my social life, I’ve been trying to keep it simple. I’ve gone to a few Trainwrecks in the past couple weeks, so I obviously will have new pictures (I know, I’m always slacking in this area, but give me another couple days to get the pics up…I’ve been having a hard time finding the time). I’ve been doing dinners, lunches, tv/movie hangs…always my fav. I need my friends and quality time in my life…forever and ever.

TBC…

No comments:

Post a Comment