Monday, November 24, 2008

Twilight more like Twi-dull

Oh Twilight, how you’ve failed me. I rushed out to the movies as quick as I possibly could before I could get the wiff of all other opinions out there…and I’m just sad to say I agree.

I literally went the day it opened in theaters trying to avoid being swayed into other people opinions before I saw it for myself. I was hoping I could defy society and rebel against what others were saying already after the midnight showing and say “Hey, what are you people…morons? Twilight is da bomb diggity!” Oh, but no…I was utterly disappointed like every other Twi-hard out there.

First off, this movie was geared directly to and ONLY to those who have read the books. If you haven’t read them, there is NO POINT whatsoever in you even wasting your money. Seriously, I really don’t understand how one could follow what the hell is going on. None of anything was explained.

The acting was horrible. It was like watching a high school play. I cringed at the efforts. Kristen Stewart as Bella was okay, but she had her moments where she overdid it a lot. I understand the book made her seem so painfully awkward, but for the movie’s sake, it wasn’t necessary half of the time to take it where she did. Robert Pattinson was…well, for me, he was basically just hot. I was too carefully examining how beautiful he was to pay any attention to his acting. But other than that…it was an overall fail.


Of course, movies are never as good as the book, but I can’t even begin to say how much this movie did not do the book any justice. Stephanie Meyer is no Stephen King, but she knows how to grab her audience. I’m in love with the storyline and so much was missing from the movie, not to mention distorted. No humans were actually killed in Twilight (and I’m saying that as I have yet to read the others), important details were skipped over…and I could go on and on about all the discrepancies, but I just won’t.

I will still buy the movie when it comes out in DVD. I will still be obsessed with the story. I was just left feeling unsatisfied and sadly so. How bout a picture of Edward Cullen’s face to cheer me up?

Ok, much better!

I am, however, still stoked on the soundtrack! Did anyone get to see Paramore perform again on Jimmy Kimmel Live? Decode is my freakin’ jam!

And one more random thing…this awkwardly amazing interview/conversation with Hayley and Robert Pattinson from Twilight:

Artist on Artist: Robert Pattinson & Hayley Williams

I can’t help but smile when I listen to him talk. He’s so Ed Westwick (or
Chuck Bass, if you will). I have a legit crush.

No comments:

Post a Comment